Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Don Kingfisher Campbell
THE ORDER THAT THEY CAME
 
You make me feel
like a bear
wanting to devour
his favorite salmon
 
You make me feel
like lightning
striking the surface
of Venus
 
You make me feel
like a tree
wanting to be felled
by your electric saw
 
You make me feel
like an alien
You make me wish
I had twelve hands
 
You make me feel
like an octopus/The Beatles
I wish I had
eight arms to hold you
 
You make me feel
like a junkie
I need my fix
of hugging you
 
You make me feel
like a gorilla
I want to ooh ooh
while hugging you
 
You make wish
you were a tree
I like to squeeze
your apples
 
You make me wish
I was The Colonel
I like to nibble
on your peach halves
 
You make me wish
we were walruses
so we could
play finsie
 
You make me wish
oatmeal smelled
as good as you
then I’d love
to poop you out
 
You make me wish
I was a needle
to inject you
with my serum
(then again that is
what I do)
 
You make me wish
I was a poet
in order to
write you poems
(oh yeah, I am)






1 comment:

  1. This is so great, you went all over the place, I love all those visuals, I certainly wouldn't have though of :)

    ReplyDelete